Honoring the Past
What we do
Guiding Principles: Honoring the past, handcrafting the future
- Blend old world techniques with modern technology
- Grow wine in pure harmony with the terroir
- Handcraft the finest wines and provide our customers with excellent value
- To be the best, and remembering that no detail is too small
- Appreciate when we are recognized by critics and press
- First, last and always…do what we do for our fans and friends that make up the HKG family.
How we do it
Core Values: The difference between mediocrity and excellence is attention to detail
- Knowledge, intention, action and integrity. The constant pursuit of excellence; the achievement of it in a humble, gracious way.
- Be genuine, hardworking, and grateful stewards of the land.
- Share what we do and our passion for doing it.
What sets us apart:
- 250-estate acres in the heart of Russian River Valley Pinot Noir Country.
- An incredible variety of soil types and microclimates, which allow us to achieve vast differentiation without purchasing grapes from other properties.
- 100 percent estate grown: We plant, grow, harvest, crush, process, age, bottle and label our wines.
- Sold primarily direct to consumer – available almost exclusively through the tasting room and wine club.
- Focused on our customers more than the critics – awards and accolades are appreciated, but the focus of our innovative and passionate team is on crafting the highest quality wines and creating a memorable experience and exceptional value for our customers.
- Historic and hospitable setting – 100+ year old historic landmark, picnic grounds, pond and marketplace complete with gourmet foods and artisan goods.